To our loyal affiliate army,
- WHAT IS NEW AT CPATANK
- THE $300K DEBT HEARD AROUND THE NET
- HOW TO GET BACK INTO CPATANK
Thank you for all your patience. I am writing first of all to wish every one of you a happy and prosperous New Year.
We have been working around the clock 7 days a week since we asked publishers to pause traffic on 11/18 to get CPATank back up and ready for a new year. We have been able to accomplish a lot of great changes in just a few weeks and are excited to get back to doing what we do best, serving affiliates.
WHAT IS NEW AT CPATANK
In that time we have overhauled the core infrastructure of CPATank;
1) removing dead offers,
2) relabeling categories,
3) removing deadbeat advertisers and partner networks who were providing offers that never paid
4) and taking back control of accounting that had been outsourced to a 3rd party in 2011.
All affiliate’s payments over $500 have been settled in full. All affiliates who were banned for fraudulent leads have been alerted and sent detailed reports. Please make me aware of any forum posts or other public complaints of non payment, and I am prepared to gladly address them immediately. All payments under $500 have been carried over to the new system. Since I am personally retaking control of the Accounting system, $500 minimum payouts will be strictly enforced, no exceptions will be made, otherwise the same disorganization will inevitably reoccur.
THE $300K DEBT HEARD AROUND THE NET
Many people may have read the articles going around that I was having a problem collecting a debt of over $300,000. Having to chase down deadbeat advertisers and partner network debts in this industry is common, and that is why proper financial backing is required to run a network. As always, I have maintained a well diversified position and although this debt is substantial to anyone, it is not enough to create a cash-flow problem for me by any means. This debt is actually over a year old and we have been operating fine and will continue to operate by my core fundamental principle which is:
I WILL NEVER TAKE MORE TRAFFIC THAN I CAN AFFORD TO PAY OUT OF POCKET. This has and always will be the only way we operate. We still maintain a cash float of more than 4 times what the bills are at any time.
I will issue a separate statement regarding the uncollected Debt before Affiliate Summit 2013 once my priority of getting CPATank back open to affiliates is handled first. I have been hearing more and more that many other affiliates and networks are owed by the same individual, and it would be my pleasure to work with you together to vigilantly collect what we are all owed.
Regardless of this inconvenience, our finances are in order, we have about a dozen direct partners providing all the best offers you need for all traffic sources, and the new CPATank will have an emphasis on quality and intelligent growth.
HOW TO GET BACK INTO CPATANK
CPATank has grown to having over 12,000 publishers. Many of you may know that we have a pretty limited staff of 5 people maintaining the entire network. Regardless of our diligence against fraud and strict approval system, we are changing our focus from being a broad volume based network, to a slimmer more personalized one on one network. This is your invitation to reapply to CPATank via a special form that will be released on 1/3/2013 on CPATank’s homepage.
The new form will not be as elaborate as our old form; we just need to gather clear information on what your intentions with CPATank are. The details you will need to include to be re-approved are:
1) What specific offers, or offer types, will you need us to provide for you. We will not have “Public” offers anymore. Every campaign will be set up personally for each affiliate and monitored one on one by our staff to ensure the advertiser is delivering conversions as they should be, and that the affiliate’s quality is in line with the terms of the offer. Emphasis is quality from BOTH sides.
2) What type of traffic you will be using to run. CPATank is still the most flexible affiliate network in terms of monetizing just about any non fraudulent traffic. By staying honest with us in your application, we can help you get into the right campaigns that will last as long as you want to run them.
3) Proof of earnings will be required if you don’t have a big history with us already. There is no “minimum” earnings requirement to be accepted, but we are only interested in working with professional affiliates and not trolls or tire kickers.
4) Also we are only interested in working with people with good communication skills. Communication is what keeps the best affiliates going the longest. We expect to communicate with you at least once or twice a week, and if we have issues that need to be discussed we need replies within 24 hours. One on one relationships work both ways, so we will be making sure we both have open channels of communication.
After reapplying, more than anything, we will need your patience. We will be serving affiliates one on one and growing intelligently, and that will take time. We will grow our staff according to the needs of our affiliate base, but I will not compromise long term quality for the short term thrill of having affiliates running wild. It may take a while to get a reply regarding your application, and we appreciate your patience, understanding, and loyalty.
In conclusion, it feels great to be back at the helm and more prepared than ever to lead affiliates to prosperity in 2013. These years go by so fast. Since we started back in 2009, we have learned a lot, had ups and downs, but still remained one of the most if not arguably THE most consistent midsize CPA Network in the industry. With a small staff we have competed with and outlasted many giants and paid out millions of dollars per year to loyal and worthy publishers.
I look forward to a long future working together and am grateful for the encouraging words of support that we have received during the restructuring of CPATank.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!